- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups (about 6) thinly sliced English cucumbers
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place tomatoes, cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and, if desired, oregano until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Top with olives and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Dad's Greek Salad
"I didn't have tomatoes! I'd used 2 thinly sliced REGULAR cukes, about 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes, 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, 1/4 tsp. salad seasoning instead of salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and LESS feta cheese since I'm the only one eating this salad. I think this recipe is wonderful! I admit that I am NOT an olive fan! I omitted the olives called for in the recipe! The dressing made for a tangy, tasty addition to this colorful salad! Thank you, Arge Salvatori, for sharing this recipe from your Dad! This is a recipe I plan to use often-I love the flavor! delowenstein"
"The salad was simple to prepare and the taste was incredible. This recipe is going into my recipe file..Thank you !!"
"Delicious. Thank you, Arge, for sharing your dad's recipe."
"I am a fan of feta and it drew the fkavors together in this salad really well!"
"We thoroughly enjoyed this salad! It is very flavorful. Love oregano dressings and the feta was just right. Colorful, too. This is a keeper!"