Dad's Favorite Salad
My father always liked this salad, so I shared this recipe with my mom. When she first made it for Dad, he enjoyed it so much he told here to be sure to share the recipe with me. I laughed because he didn't know that I had given the recipe to Mom in the first place. I knew he'd like it.—Judy Long, Limestone, Tennessee
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process
- until blended. Arrange greens, onion, eggs and bacon on salad
- plates; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 459 calories, 43 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.