Dad's Favorite Salad Recipe
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Combine the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Arrange greens, onion, eggs and bacon on salad plates; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 459 calories, 43g fat (7g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Dad's Favorite Salad
"YUM!!I really liked this dressing. It is really good with the bacon and boiled eggs.I've also used bottled bacon pieces and that is good, too. And there is enough onion flavor in the dressing for me that I don't add the red onion in the salad. I add shredded carrot in their place."
"This has been an all time favorite at our house! Thanks so much for sharing, we love it!"