Dad's Favorite Pizza Recipe
Our daughter, Stephanie, makes this pizza for here dad whenever he has a craving for it. Meat eaters will definitely get their fill with a slice of this deep-dish delight.—Nancy Jo Leffler, DePauw, Indiana
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 pound deli ham, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, eggs, grated Parmesan, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; let rest for 5 minutes. Grease a 14-in. deep-dish pizza pan; sprinkle bottom with cornmeal. Press dough into pan; build up edges slightly.
- 4. In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spread pizza sauce over dough to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with meat mixture. Top with the mushrooms, pepperoni, ham, olives, mozzarella and shredded Parmesan.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 596 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 1,815 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC