- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 pound deli ham, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, eggs, grated Parmesan, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; let rest for 5 minutes. Grease a 14-in. deep-dish pizza pan; sprinkle bottom with cornmeal. Press dough into pan; build up edges slightly.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spread pizza sauce over dough to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with meat mixture. Top with the mushrooms, pepperoni, ham, olives, mozzarella and shredded Parmesan.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Reviews for Dad's Favorite Pizza
Sort By :
"This is a 'real' pizza. Eerytime I think of ordering a pizza from a 'chain' I think of this recipe and my mind quickly thinks of something else to fix. In other words, this pizza is delicious and not difficult to prepare. My entire family loved it!"