Dad's Favorite Pizza Recipe
Our daughter, Stephanie, makes this pizza for here dad whenever he has a craving for it. Meat eaters will definitely get their fill with a slice of this deep-dish delight.Nancy Jo Leffler, DePauw, Indiana
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 pound deli ham, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, eggs, grated Parmesan, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; let rest for 5 minutes. Grease a 14-in. deep-dish pizza pan; sprinkle bottom with cornmeal. Press dough into pan; build up edges slightly.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spread pizza sauce over dough to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with meat mixture. Top with the mushrooms, pepperoni, ham, olives, mozzarella and shredded Parmesan.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Dad's Favorite Pizza in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p6
Reviews for Dad's Favorite Pizza(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2009
This is a 'real' pizza. Eerytime I think of ordering a pizza from a 'chain' I think of this recipe and my mind quickly thinks of something else to fix. In other words, this pizza is delicious and not difficult to prepare. My entire family loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >