It may sound old-fashioned, but it warms my heart to serve dishes that make my family and friends happy. This recipe does just that, and then some. —Leta Winters, Johnson City, Tennessee
Featured In: 39 Ways to Make Meat Loaf
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup stuffing mix, crushed
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine egg, stuffing mix, milk, cheese and 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 4x2-in. loaves in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Spread with remaining barbecue sauce before serving.
Freeze option: Individually wrap cooled meat loaves in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To use, partially thaw meat loaves in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap loaves; reheat in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Top each with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dad's Favorite Barbecue Meat Loaves in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Reviews for Dad's Favorite Barbecue Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2016
"Best meatloaf recipe ever! Made exactly as stated and it was scrumptious!!! This will be our go-to meatloaf recipe from now on!"