Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
My dad, Art Winter, would tuck some of these cookies in the care packages he and my mom sent to me when I was in college.—Art Winter, Trumbull, Connecticut
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 124 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC