- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite and I've been on the search for a great recipe. This is it! Soft and gooey just like the family likes it. I left out the walnuts bc we don't like them in cookie recipes. A must try!"
"I have used this recipe hundreds of times. I use it for events or just to give my husbands crew on the submarine something sweet. They have always been something that has gotten everyones attention and I always leave people begging for more (or the recipe)."
"This is the most amazing cookie dough recipe that I have found. I have made so many different varieties of this cookie that it keeps my family on their toes!"
"There is a MISPRINT in the online post of this recipe versus the cookbook. It calls for only 1/3 cup butter which makes the dough dry and hard. The cookbook version calls for 2/3 cup butter. I only noticed the discrepancy after preparing a large batch of dough!Make it with 2/3 cup butter, and you will have a tasty cookie!"
"These are the best chocolate chip cookies. I have made them at different elevations and they have never failed me- they turn out perfect every time! I love that they look like they could be on the cover of a magazine. I replaced the shortening with coconut oil and it worked great :)"