My dad, Art Winter, would tuck some of these cookies in the care packages he and my mom sent to me when I was in college.—Art Winter, Trumbull, Connecticut
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p47
Reviews for Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review