Dad's Best Pork Chops
My son, Kenneth, has loved pork chops since he was little, and he requests them often. He particularly likes this recipe because we pick the mint from the garden. —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill chops, covered, over
- medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each
- side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5
- minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/3 cup salsa equals 342 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven