Dad's Best Pork Chops for Two
My son, Kenneth, has loved pork chops since he was little, and he requests them often. He particularly likes this recipe because we pick the mint from the garden. —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill chops, over medium
- heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Serve with salsa.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/3 cup salsa equals 342 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.