My son, Kenneth, has loved pork chops since he was little, and he requests them often. He particularly likes this recipe because we pick the mint from the garden. —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill chops, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dad's Best Pork Chops for Two in Taste of Home
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Dad's Best Pork Chops for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review