Dad's Best Burgers
This favorite was created by my father-in-law years ago, then I added a few things of my own. Even my husband, who doesn't care for cream cheese, gobbles up these burgers. - Mary Rolando, Farmington, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and
- sausage over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side
- or until no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
To give Dad's Best Burgers an Italian twist, use seasoned bread crumbs and Italian sausage. Serve with spaghetti or pizza sauce instead of traditional ketchup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.