This favorite was created by my father-in-law years ago, then I added a few things of my own. Even my husband, who doesn't care for cream cheese, gobbles up these burgers. - Mary Rolando, Farmington, Illinois
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Dad's Best Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p118
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Dad's Best Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review