Dad's Best Barbecue Recipe
Whenever I prepare this great chicken, I fondly remember my father. He would make his "famous" chicken frequently for picnics and other functions.
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Reserve 1 cup for basting chicken; cover. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in a large roasting pan. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 2. Drain; discard marinade.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over low heat, turning and brushing with reserved marinade several times, for 60-75 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Dad's Best Barbecue
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC