- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Reserve 1 cup for basting chicken; cover. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in a large roasting pan. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Drain; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over low heat, turning and brushing with reserved marinade several times, for 60-75 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dad's Best Barbecue in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p87
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Dad's Best Barbecue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review