Dad's Best Barbecue Recipe
Whenever I prepare this great chicken, I fondly remember my father. He would make his "famous" chicken frequently for picnics and other functions.
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Reserve 1 cup for basting chicken; cover. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in a large roasting pan. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Drain; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over low heat, turning and brushing with reserved marinade several times, for 60-75 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dad's Best Barbecue in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p87
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dad's Best Barbecue(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >