Dad's Baked Beans
I always use this recipe when I make beans for any occasion; they are the best baked beans I've ever had. —Kim Wallace, Dennison, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 hot dogs, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 344 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 1,322 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 11 g protein.