Cutout Wedding Cookies Recipe
The dessert table shapes up sweetly when we make these crisp, almond-flavored cookies for family weddings. Hearts, lips, doves, bells and other love-themed cutters work well.—Grace Van Timmeren, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- Paste food coloring of your choice
- Edible glitter and colored sugar
- Sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a well-floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. to 4-in. love-themed cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Tint frosting as desired; frost cookies. Combine equal amounts of edible glitter and colored sugar; sprinkle over cookies. Decorate some cookies with sprinkles if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 130 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cutout Wedding Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC