Cutout Wedding Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- Paste food coloring of your choice
- Edible glitter and colored sugar
- Sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a well-floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. to 4-in. love-themed cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Tint frosting as desired; frost cookies. Combine equal amounts of edible glitter and colored sugar; sprinkle over cookies. Decorate some cookies with sprinkles if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 130 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cutout Wedding Cookies
"Many sugar cookie recipes are still sticky and hard to handle even after being refrigerated for a long time. This is a classic cookie recipe and turned out great, NO stickiness at all, the dough was very easy to handle and so good!"