Cutout Christmas Cookies Recipe
"These old-fashioned cookies have been a holiday tradition in my family for many years," reveals Carolyn Moseley of Dayton, Ohio. "It was a joy to make these cookies for my children, and now I have a new little granddaughter who will soon be enjoying them, too."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Frosting or confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, cloves and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough, a portion at a time, to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired with frosting or confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 6 dozen (2-inch cookies).
1 serving (2 each) equals 116 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC