Cutout Christmas Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Frosting or confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, cloves and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough, a portion at a time, to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired with frosting or confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 6 dozen (2-inch cookies).
Reviews for Cutout Christmas Cookies
Sort By :
"I have to admit, I'm not a fan of making cutout cookies, but I'd make these again anytime. The flavor was delectable, and the texture crisp and perfect. Thank you for a cutout cookie worth the effort!"
"These cookies have a little more flavor than more traditional "sand tart" dough."
"You can freeze almost any cookies for up to 6 months, just use a corregated box lined with foil and layer cookies placing waxed paper between each layer. Top with waxed paper and foil and put the lid on. Place the box into a bag and freeze; to thaw just remove from the plastic bag and leave out on the counter with the lid on. I have been doing this for years and never have a problem. Hope this helps you. Happy Holidays!"
"After baking how long can you freeze these cookies?KK in ALlen Park, MI"