Cute Pig Cookies Recipe
Every year when National Pig Day rolls around, I make this taste treats to celebrate.—Becky Baldwin, Annville, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring
- Pink sugar wafer cookies
- 36 large marshmallows, halved
- Butterscotch chips and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and food coloring. Frost cookies.
- 4. Cut sugar wafers into triangles; place two on each cookie for ears. With a toothpick, poke two holes in each marshmallow half for nostrils; press butterscotch chips into holes. Place noses on cookies; add chocolate chip eyes. Yield: 6 dozen.
2 cookies equals 232 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cute Pig Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC