Cute Kitty Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Red-hot candies
- Shoestring black licorice, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats. Divide dough in half. Add melted chocolate to one portion.
- 2. Shape the plain dough into an 8-in. roll. Roll chocolate dough between waxed paper into an 8-in. square. Place plain dough at one end of square; roll up. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or over night.
- 3. Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4 in. slices. Place 2 i. apart on ungreased baking sheets. To form ears, pinch two triangles on the top of each cookie.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately place two chocolate chips for eyes, a red-hot for the nose and six pieces of licorice on each for whiskers. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 203 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cute Kitty Cookies
"While these are incredibly cute, they were dry! We did not like them at all. They were not sweet and didnt have a lot of taste. I think some brown sugar should be added to the recipe."