Cute Egg Chicks Recipe
These big-eyed chicks will steal the show at your Easter table or on a buffet! Our Test Kitchen staff took a little artistic license with a recipe shared by field editor Tami Escher of Dumont, Minnesota...and came up with these clever chicks.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each egg so it sits flat. Cut a zigzag pattern a third down from the top of each egg. Carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, onion, curry, mustard and pepper; stir until well blended. Spoon yolk mixture into the egg white bottoms; replace tops.
- 2. Cut olives into slices for eyes. Cut 12 small triangles from red pepper for beaks. Gently press the eyes and beaks into egg yolk filling. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC