Cute Egg Chicks
These big-eyed chicks will steal the show at your Easter table or on a buffet! Our Test Kitchen staff took a little artistic license with a recipe shared by field editor Tami Escher of Dumont, Minnesota...and came up with these clever chicks.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each egg so it sits flat. Cut a
- zigzag pattern a third down from the top of each egg. Carefully
- remove yolks and place in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Add the
- mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, onion, curry, mustard and pepper; stir
- until well blended. Spoon yolk mixture into the egg white bottoms;
- replace tops.
- Cut olives into slices for eyes. Cut 12 small triangles from red
- pepper for beaks. Gently press the eyes and beaks into egg yolk
- filling. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.