- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each egg so it sits flat. Cut a zigzag pattern a third down from the top of each egg. Carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, onion, curry, mustard and pepper; stir until well blended. Spoon yolk mixture into the egg white bottoms; replace tops.
- Cut olives into slices for eyes. Cut 12 small triangles from red pepper for beaks. Gently press the eyes and beaks into egg yolk filling. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cute Egg Chicks
"These are adorable, however, this was very labor intensive. Also the eyes kept falling off. They came out very cute, but I probably wouldn't make them again. The flavor was average."
"I love this recipe. I made it a few years for members of my husband's family and my co-workers.Everybody loved it and they were so happy if I made it again.The chicks were so cute even it had a lot of work. Some year, I was lazy, I just cut the eggs in half instead of making the whole cute chicks.I love it. You should try it, too."