Cut-Out Biscuits Recipe
After a couple of tries at doctoring the recipe, these biscuits came out so light and fluffy, I think of them as cloud puffs. A plate of these can be served hot or cold for breakfast, tea, luncheons, dinners or snack time.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup ginger ale
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Place flour in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, combine the ginger ale, sour cream and mayonnaise; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 3 biscuits.
Originally published as Cut-Out Biscuits in Reminisce December/January 2011, p44
Reviews for Cut-Out Biscuits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review