Traditional custard pudding is old-fashioned comfort food at its finest. An appealing almond flavor comes through in every spoonful.Bonnie Simpson, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, heat milk until
- bubbles form around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk eggs,
- sugar, salt and nutmeg. Remove milk from heat; stir a small amount
- of hot milk into egg mixture. Return all to pan, stirring
- constantly. Stir in extracts.
- Transfer to nine 4-oz. ramekins. Place cups in a baking pan; add 1
- in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until
- center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water
- bath; cool 10 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 116 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.