Custard Pie Recipe
“My daughter CJ baked a pear pie for us once and I've made it several times since then. We like it so much that I contribute it to bake sales!” Barbara Rea - Glenshaw, Pennsylvania
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Place pears in pastry. In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Sir in the eggs, cream and vanilla. Pour over pears.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 518 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC