“My daughter CJ baked a pear pie for us once and I've made it several times since then. We like it so much that I contribute it to bake sales!” Barbara Rea - Glenshaw, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Place pears in
- pastry. In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Sir in the eggs,
- cream and vanilla. Pour over pears.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 518 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.