“My daughter CJ baked a pear pie for us once and I've made it several times since then. We like it so much that I contribute it to bake sales!” Barbara Rea - Glenshaw, Pennsylvania
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Place pears in pastry. In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the eggs, cream and vanilla. Pour over pears.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pear Custard Pie in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p55
Reviews for Custard Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review