Now you can enjoy homemade custard without the fuss. "This is one of my favorite desserts," says Ruth Andrewson. "You can serve it warm or chilled and top it with berries, fruit or whipped cream," she suggests from her home in Peck, Idaho.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat the milk, uncovered, on high for
- 3 minutes or until hot (do not boil). With an electric mixer, beat
- in sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla. Pour into six ungreased 4-oz.
- microwave-safe custard cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein.