Custard Bread Pudding Recipe
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 slices day-old bread, crusts removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 7 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Add the bread cubes and raisins; mix well. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour and water until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold over pudding. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Custard Bread Pudding(3)
Sort By :
I added a teaspoon of vanilla, and substituted cinnamon raisin bread for the regular bread, then reduced the raisins and left out the cinnamon. Everyone liked it. Didn't really taste much like custard though...just a pretty good bread pudding.
Made this for a dominoes night. Everyone loved it. Will make it again,
very easy to make