After frosting the cupcakes white, I used a fork and red gel icing to "stitch the seams." Everyone tingled with excitement when they saw these all-star treats. —Cathy Runyon, Allendale, Michigan
24 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 tube red decorating frosting
- Prepare cake batter for cupcakes according to package directions.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for
- 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Use red frosting to pipe stitch
- marks to resemble baseballs. Yield: 2 dozen.