After frosting the cupcakes white, I used a fork and red gel icing to "stitch the seams." Everyone tingled with excitement when they saw these all-star treats. —Cathy Runyon, Allendale, Michigan
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 tube red decorating frosting or gel
- Prepare cake batter for cupcakes according to package directions. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Use red frosting or gel to pipe stitch marks to resemble baseballs. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Curveball Cupcakes in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p17
Reviews for Curveball Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review