Curry Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame or canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, cilantro, honey, curry, sesame oil, garlic and pepper flakes if desired until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry red pepper in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green onions; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice equals 287 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Curry Turkey Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer