Chicken also works well in this satisfying meal-in-one. "If you’re in a hurry, use instant brown rice.” Laureen Rush - Elk River, Minnesota
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame or canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, cilantro, honey, curry, sesame oil, garlic and pepper flakes if desired until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry red pepper in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green onions; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curry Turkey Stir-Fry in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p19
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curry Turkey Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review