Spiced cashews contrast with sweet dried cranberries in this quick combo made on the stove top. Feel free to swap walnuts, almonds and/or pecans for the cashews. —Louise Gilbert, Quesnel, British Columbia
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook cashews over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Add the oil, curry powder, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and cayenne. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until cashews are well coated. Spread on foil to cool completely. Stir in cranberries; store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Curried Cashews in Taste of Home October 2011, p44
Reviews forCurry Spiced Cashews
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2012
"The best of everything - spicy, sweet and salty. Very hard not to eat the whole batch at one time!"
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2011
"This was a hit and left the kitchen smelling good for days too!"