Spiced cashews contrast with sweet dried cranberries in this quick combo made on the stove top. Feel free to swap walnuts, almonds and/or pecans for the cashews. —Louise Gilbert, Quesnel, British Columbia
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook cashews over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Add the oil, curry powder, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and cayenne. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until cashews are well coated. Spread on foil to cool completely. Stir in cranberries; store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Curried Cashews in Taste of Home October 2011, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Curry Spiced Cashews
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2012
"The best of everything - spicy, sweet and salty. Very hard not to eat the whole batch at one time!"
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2011
"This was a hit and left the kitchen smelling good for days too!"