Curry Snack Mix
I coat three kids of cereal with a blend of zesty seasonings for a savory snack that's hard to stop eating. Microwave cooking keeps the kitchen cool on hot days.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Tiime: 10 min.
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals. In a small bowl,
- combine the butter, curry powder, pepper sauce, cumin and pepper
- flakes; pour over cereal and toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir in
- cashews and sesame seeds. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring once.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 352 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.