I coat three kids of cereal with a blend of zesty seasonings for a savory snack that's hard to stop eating. Microwave cooking keeps the kitchen cool on hot days.
Recommended: 55 Snacks for Your March Madness Party
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals. In a small bowl, combine the butter, curry powder, pepper sauce, cumin and pepper flakes; pour over cereal and toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir in cashews and sesame seeds. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Curry Snack Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p217
Reviews for Curry Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review