- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, toast curry powder for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the milk, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curry Shrimp Linguine
"not very tasty"
"This was excellent! I wouldn't change a thing - we all ate it and loved it. Thanks for a great recipe that is quick and easy to prepare!"
"I was disappointed in the lack of flavor, I couldn't taste the coconut at all and the curry wasn't that strong either, mainly it tasted like plain linguine."
"I cut this recipe in half since there is just the 2 of us, and it made 2 large portions. I didn't have any cilantro, so that had to be left out and I added a teaspoon of chili powder. It was amazing! We loved it, and will most definitely make this again!"
"I really enjoyed this recipe! The cilantro totally complmented the curry. My husband and I tasted during the cooking process and thought it needed something. After adding the cilantro it was a must. The only other thing is we thought it needed some sort of heat. My husband added red pepper flakes to his. We will try using cayenne pepper next time. We will definitely make this again!"