Curry Scallops and Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6-1/4 ounces) curry rice pilaf mix
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Prepare pilaf mix according to package directions, using 1 tablespoon butter.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute scallops in remaining butter until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute peppers until tender. Stir in the scallops, rice, parsley and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 431 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 998 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.