- 1 package (6-1/4 ounces) curry rice pilaf mix
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare pilaf mix according to package directions, using 1 tablespoon butter.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute scallops in remaining butter until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute peppers until tender. Stir in the scallops, rice, parsley and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curry Scallops and Rice
Sort By :
Very delicious, my family loved it. The only item I altered was fresh pepper strips rather than frozen. With scallops at $14.99 per pound, I found it very expensive for a weekday dinner.
I went to Target on my lunch break to purchase ingredients and substituted the rice pilaf with the Archer Farms (Target brand) Curry Potatoes And Lemon Rice...WOW!! Very easy and quick. My two children wolfted it down too!!
We substituted fresh red peppers and it was excellent. My husband and 2 year old son ate it all. It definitely goes on my favorites list.