- 6 cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons each fennel, cumin, coriander and mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- MINT YOGURT SAUCE:
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- Remove seeds from cardamom pods. In a dry small skillet over medium heat, toast the cloves and the fennel, cumin, coriander, mustard and cardamom seeds until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer to a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle (in batches if necessary); grind until mixture becomes a powder. Stir in the turmeric, salt and cayenne.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and spice mixture. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and mint in a small bowl. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Curry Roasted Potatoes in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p89
Reviews for Curry Roasted Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2015
"Awesome recipe :)"
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2014
"Turned out well. Nice mix and the yogurt is a reflreshing."
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2012
"A great twist on the roasted potato! We had it with an Asian-spiced roasted chicken!"