Curry Rice Salad Recipe
This healthy salad is a great for potlucks and entertaining—easy and delicious. It’s a good way to use up leftover rice, too. I sometimes use a 50-50 mix of brown and white rice for extra fiber and flavor.
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, olives, peanuts and onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings. Gently stir into rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 400 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Curry Rice Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC