Curry Rice Pilaf
Salted cashews add a nice crunch to this simple rice dish flavored with curry and turmeric.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) Minute® Ready to Serve Jasmine Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the cashews, onions and
- seasonings; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until onions are
- tender. Add rice; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 436 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.