Curry On Deviled Eggs
Hummus and curry powder in deviled eggs? You bet! One bite of these, and you'll never go back to plain deviled eggs again! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash pepper
- Chives and additional roasted sweet red peppers
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Add the hummus, oil, minced red peppers,
- lemon juice, salt, curry powder and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe
- into egg whites.
- Garnish eggs with chives and additional red peppers. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 72 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer