Curry On Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash pepper
- Chives and additional roasted sweet red peppers
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the hummus, oil, minced red peppers, lemon juice, salt, curry powder and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- 2. Garnish eggs with chives and additional red peppers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed egg half equals 72 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer