Curry Meat Loaf Recipe
Reach for this recipe when you want to serve something a little more special. This zesty meat loaf has a savory curry stuffing and delicious apricot glaze. — Bernadette Colvin, Houston, Texas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs and dressing mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine the stuffing mix, celery, mayonnaise, water and curry powder; spoon down center of rectangle. Bring long sides over stuffing mixture, peeling foil away while folding. Seal edge and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat preserves; stir to break up pieces of fruit. Spread over the meat loaf. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC