- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs and dressing mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine the stuffing mix, celery, mayonnaise, water and curry powder; spoon down center of rectangle. Bring long sides over stuffing mixture, peeling foil away while folding. Seal edge and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat preserves; stir to break up pieces of fruit. Spread over the meat loaf. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Curry Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"My husband declared this to be his favorite meat loaf recipe."
"I've been using this recipe for years, and it is FABULOUS! Everyone asks for the recipe. The only addition I've made is a thin layer of extra apricot preserves over the meat before spooning on the stuffing mix."
"OMG! This was a fantastic twist on the traditional meatloaf. It was easy to assemble and cooked up wonderfully. The apricot preserves added at the end was the perfect compliment to the curried stuffing. This would be an easy, but attractive, dish to serve to company. We will try this again and soon!"