Curry Lamb Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 pound boneless lamb, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and curry powder. Stir in broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, saute the lamb and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, stir-fry the apple, green pepper, celery, water chestnuts, peas and ginger in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add lamb mixture.
- 4. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 250 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.