Curry Lamb Chops
"My husband and I are retired but busy, so I rely on quick dishes like this."—Lois Szemko, East Islip, New York.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet, brown the lamb chops on both sides in oil; drain.
- Combine the orange juice, teriyaki sauce, orange peel, curry and
- garlic; pour over lamb. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan drippings.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve lamb and gravy with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 lamb chops with 1/4 cup gravy equals 337 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.