"My husband and I are retired but busy, so I rely on quick dishes like this."—Lois Szemko, East Islip, New York.
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet, brown the lamb chops on both sides in oil; drain. Combine the orange juice, teriyaki sauce, orange peel, curry and garlic; pour over lamb. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve lamb and gravy with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Curry Lamb Chops in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p13
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Curry Lamb Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review