- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 4 pounds), cut up
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 bacon strips, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and ginger. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place chicken in pan skin side down; turn once to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute bacon and onion until onion is tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken is crisp and a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Curry-Glazed Golden Chicken
Sort By :
Flavour of the sauce is delicious.
Changes I will make: brown the chicken before putting in the 9x13 pan and make a double quantity of sauce.