Curry-Glazed Golden Chicken Recipe
After tasting the unique combination of coconut, ketchup and applesauce, your family will want seconds of this glazed chicken. We make it frequently for special occasions.Julia Detrick, Niles, Michigan
- 6 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 4 pounds), cut up
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 bacon strips, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and ginger. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place chicken in pan skin side down; turn once to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute bacon and onion until onion is tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken is crisp and a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curry-Glazed Golden Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p159
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Curry-Glazed Golden Chicken(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2012
Flavour of the sauce is delicious.
Changes I will make: brown the chicken before putting in the 9x13 pan and make a double quantity of sauce.